CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

08 June 2007

Off to Kansas City

It's Friday morning. Today at 3pm the movers come for a preliminary walk-through to see what all we'll be moving. As soon as they're finished, Tim and I are heading for Kansas City for a weekend of househunting.

I'm struggling with anxiety over finding a house. We will turn over the keys to the house that I'm sitting in (and that I have come to love dearly) in 20 days. And I find my frail heart quavering about where and what (and the all-important WHEN) the next house will be.

Let's see...I've been homeless HOW many days in my life??? Oh, yeah. Zero.

We've moved HOW many times in our married life??? This makes #3. And during that time we spent HOW many nights in our car due to a lack of provision??

(sigh)

While we are praying for "daily bread" (which for us is a house in the KC Metro area, in the right place at the right price with the right features), more than anything I want us to walk through this transitory process with the faith of little children who wake up on Christmas morning, hands open and outstretched, eagerly and excitedly waiting for whatever their Father places in their hands. He is the Giver of All Good Gifts, and He does all things well, and I want so much to receive what He gives us with joy, thanksgiving, contentment, and gratitude--even if it is very different from what we are currently picturing in our minds. I want to remember that our perspective is so very limited, and His is infinite; our motives are so mixed, and His desires for us are pure; our wisdom is given by Him but tainted by our flesh, and His wisdom is perfect.

The sovereignty of God has been my sure path these last several days. My thoughts are tempted to stray to that desolate Land of "What if...?" My only hope is to look down at the sure Rock under my feet: God is Sovereign. And look! There's another Rock just like it, one step in front of me. And another...and another.

I know that God loves to hear the praises of His people in the midst of a challenging time (I can't call what we're going through a trial; it feels like a less secure place than others in our life, but I know that in comparison, it's not even close to a trial), but I admit that I am very much looking forward to being able to praise Him from the other side of this!

0 comments: