CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

19 June 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh, My!

Interesting... When you buy a house in Kansas, all of a sudden all these random quotes from The Wizard of Oz (probably the State Movie) pop in your head. And your husband finds it amusing to call you "Dorothy."

The process of buying a house reminds me of the journey that Dorothy and her friends made through the forest while they uttered the title of this blog. I feel like that today. There are details and post-its and State Farm--oh, my! Appraisals and termites and taxes--oh, my! Closings and movers and contracts--oh, my!

I had a list of phone calls to make today to either (1) give information to someone; or (2) receive information from someone. In the midst of it, I was waiting for the appraiser to come to finish his report. One party who had information I needed to give to another party wasn't answering. The appraiser was now 20 minutes later than he said he would be.

In the middle of all this, my heart was anxious and irritated and annoyed that all this untidiness was swirling around in my brain.

And in the kindness of God, He used this circumstance speak to my heart and say, 'It's here in the midst of all this clutter that you have the opportunity to respond like Christ."

How gracious of Him to drop those words into the swirl and bring the peace that passes understanding! It changed my perspective on the afternoon.

0 comments: