CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

02 August 2007

When One Hurts, We All Hurt

Our pastor informed our congregation today of this news:

"Dann, a member of the Sovereign Grace Church in Pasadena was in a serious car accident very early Wednesday morning. He is a pilot for Southwest Airlines and was driving his VW van from the Oakland Airport. I do not have details of the accident except that the van rolled and his head hit the windshield and steering wheel very hard. He suffered a broken clavicle, L-3 vertebrae, and a skull fracture.

"He was rushed to the UC Davis Medical Center where he is still being treated. There have been encouraging signs indicating no paralysis (responding to commands and able to move hands and legs) but the immediate concern was to relieve the swelling of the brain. After a four hour surgery yesterday afternoon, the swelling was down.

"I received a call telling me that the swelling had increased this morning. I do not understand how swelling is measured but to give you some reference, the swelling was in the 20’s shortly after the accident, was down to less than 10 last evening, but this morning went back up in the 20’s.

Please take some time today to pray for God’s mercy and power, asking for the swelling to go down and for our friend's full recovery.

"Thank you for praying."


Additionally, Diane sent this e-mail to us:

"Steve reminded me last night that Dann read Psalm 34 in church on Sunday. I woke up this morning and was reading it and was freshly reminded of God's kindness even in the midst of what feels like a devastating circumstance.


I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him
and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encamps
around those who fear him, and delivers them.
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

"How kind of God to remind us all, through Dann, of His unending faithfulness and His compassionate care for us. God knew what we needed to hear.

"Seeking the Lord, together with you." ~ Diane

0 comments: