CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

07 August 2007

This Inspires Me...

I read this yesterday; it was quoted by Susan Hunt in her book Spiritual Mothering, and it comes from a book called Managing Your Restless Search by Janet Chester Bly.

I would rather
clutch my invitation
and wait my turn
in party clothes
prim, proper
safe and clean.

But a pulsing hand
keeps driving me
over peaks
ravines
and spidered brambles.

So, I'll pant
up to the pearled knocker
tattered
breathless
and full of tales.

Doesn't that make your heart swell?

Isn't that what we all want?

On that Great Day when I will see my Savior face to face, I want to be tattered, breathless, and full of tales.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks Jenny, that really resonates with me. That's really all I want is to walk through this life doing what pleases Him. Whatever and wherever that is. This brings reality into perspective.