CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

24 May 2007

It's me again...

Yes, it's me again. Whiny little me. (Aren't you glad I joined this blog??)

And here's my question for the day: Why can't God sanctify us by a more pleasant means?? Why are trials His means of grace in my life to make me more like Christ? Why couldn't a week on a beach do the same thing? Is there no eternal change possible from a really good cinnamon chip scone and a venti decaf, non-fat white chocolate mocha??

Instead, I have to interact with real estate agents who ask for the moon...and show them the love of Christ.

I am called to wait graciously in line while the person in front of me decides what to order, changes her mind, adds a dessert, and THEN begins to look for her wallet in her oversized purse to pay...and I'm called to think lovingly of her all the while.

I must anticipate the arrival of plumbers and electricians without a skepticism that would inwardly accuse them of a lack of integrity and desire to rip us off.

I am called to be a helpmate day by day and hour by hour to my husband as he wrestles with the pressure of a job and the ultimate responsibility for our home...and I am to reflect my Savior in all that I say, think, and do as a wife.

And through it all, I must struggle against the arrogance in my heart that leads me to think, deep down, that I can do all this in a strength other than His.

Sigh.

You know what brings hope? That His grace is sufficient. That through Him I can do all that He's called me to do. That with God nothing is impossible.

Those words are true for the next five minutes of my life...and the five after that...and the month after that...and the decade after that.

Glory be to God. I WILL overcome because He overcame.

(...and thanks be to God that He was kind enough to make someone smart enough to create scones and mochas.)

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

0 comments: