CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12 July 2007

Its been a while....

Since I have updated things. Katy was in Texas, living as a guest on an Army base for a while, finding out what her life might look like. Ty's orders have come in, and for right now, he is considered "non-deployable". He is a Cav Scout SSG in the "Army Weapons Evaluation Force" and gets to try out all the experimental stuff - traveling from Texas to Alaska to Louisiana. It might be fun for him. Katy has decided to do the Baking program. She & Ty attended Hillside Baptist Church- nope.... and SG El Paso - liked the people.
Lord, please speak to her, giving her peace, letting her know where next to step

Michelle and Michael seem to be doing well. Michelle is due soon and after a flurry of "nesting activity", is starting to feel quite tired - and having random contractions.

Oh yes, and I turned 53. wow. A lot is in front of me. I need to have the Euclid House fixed up to rent the first floor. I will work on the second. Chris will be having some funds removed from Mom's annuity, since he cannot work right now. That will help take some of the burden off me. Between renting and the annuity, that will be considerably less I will have to make this year. I want to have us be a little more secure financially, as we will probably be spending more in '08. I'm still deciding what to do work-wise. I suppose on paper, the best thing would be to rent out Euclid completely - to replace the house payment and have them handle utilities. That would take everything except property taxes, upkeep and insurance off me. Not sure where I would work, though. Katy asked that I not become some one's "Employee" until she is out of the house. My time would be a lot less flexible. Of course, God can change anything he wants, but she could be gone as early as this time next year...wow.

I am also VERY excited about Christmas this year. What a party it will be! Michael& Michelle and little Carson, Sam&Cassie& kids, Ty and his family, the Currans and my dad and mother-in-law! happy! happy! Joy! joy!

Katy "texted" me today just to tell me she loves me. No reason other than that. Regardless of anything that might happen work or money-wise, those three little words, "love you mom" - is all I need to feel successful. To meet a financial goal is fun and rewarding, but to forever effect my children's life is the deepest joy I could ever know.

1 comments:

Beth said...

You're doing a great job, Bizarro Babe. It's so true -- when I grow up, I want to be like you!